Thursday, April 7, 2011

Owen Pallett "Peach, Plum, Pear" (SXSW 2011)

Its been a few weeks since the madness that was SXSW and I've had time to reflect on the experience. It was amazing, exhilarating, mind-blowing and at the same time... terribly exhausting. The late nights and early mornings, in addition to all the hiking, took its toll this year. I hate to say it but I may be getting to old for this shit. Regardless, this was probably the best music festival experience I've had so far this lifetime and I'm honor bound to do it again next year. :)


Owen Pallett performs a cover "Peach, Plum, Pear" at the Flamingo Catina in downtown Austin, Texas.

There were some damn good bands this year. Some I already knew and loved (Black Angels, The Sounds, Telekinesis, Surfer Blood) and some new ones as well (The Joy Formidable, Wild Flag, Chikita Violenta). I haven't sat down and looked it all over but I'm pretty sure I averaged 15 bands a day. Anyway, a large amount of video is up on my YouTube account if anyone is so inclined. Plus the entire NPR showcase at the Parish is streaming on their site.


Telekinesis perform "Please Ask For Help" at the Flamingo Catina in downtown Austin, Texas.

Btw, big thanks goes out to Christie who saved us lots of $$$ by giving us a place to crash and Ryan for the use of his crazy fuel efficient Prius to get there an back.

No comments:

Post a Comment